Thursday, December 5, 2013

Outfit Idea #20. Pretty Plaid Dresses.

Hello fashion-lovers!

Plaids are everywhere this fall! Every apparel store window displays some outfit in plaid. Coincidentally, I happen to love plaids and especially plaid dresses! That is why I decided to show a couple of plaid dresses I made a little while back.


I made this blue plaid dress from McCalls Pattern 5466, which is now out of print. It has tucks at the neckline, cap sleeves and in-seam side pockets. I love its hourglass shape. I usually wear it with this black bow belt. But it is always good to diversify the look. So I styled it with this black blazer cinched with a blue skinny belt. The blazer gives it a professional look and the belt adds a touch of sophistication.


The second plaid dress I want to share is probably my favourite yet! Unfortunately, I cannot recall which pattern I followed so it will have to stay a mystery.


It has a square neckline, wide elbow-length sleeves, it's very roomy and has big big side pockets! I love how unusual it is! I love how wide its sleeves are and how loosely it sits on the body. There is a certain kind of sexiness about it. And I especially like that it goes with just about anything beige or brown. So I can wear it with a beige belt...





...and wear a woven beige belt over it...


You can further diversity the look by adding an extra layer underneath like a blouse or a turtle neck. Isn't it just perfect for winter?

Do you like plaids? Do you think of plaids as primarily fall/winter-appropriate? Or do you think you can sport them year round?

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how different accessories and styling can give one dress different looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! That is exactly what I am going for!

    ReplyDelete